Read all of these basic safety precautions before starting to work on any of the motors. Failure to do so may result in personal injury, fire, and electric shock.
- You should always keep your work area clean and well lit.
- All motors include many small parts; keep very young children away from your work area.
- Motors spin very fast; always wear safety goggles.
- Super Glue, provided with every kit, is "instant bonding". Point tube away from face and body. Do not squeeze while opening.
- The T-pin and pushpin are sharp, be careful not to poke yourself.
- Do not leave the motor unattended.
- If you leave the battery shorted for a long period of time it may rupture or even explode.
- Do not exceed 12 Volts to power the motors. You may get an electric shock. High voltages may also cause parts to overheat and create a fire.
- If the current flowing through the transistor is big, it may get very hot. Do not touch it to prevent burns.
- The soldering iron gets very hot! Be very careful with this tool, as it is easy to burn yourself with it.
- Health hazard warning: Solder may contain lead. It is not suitable for small children.
These motor kits should not be used by anyone younger than 13 years old without adult supervision.